Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Glenn Beck 7 PM Exposed: Extremist Agenda

'Exposed: The Extremist Agenda'
ABOUT THE SHOW Wenesday, November 16, 2006 starting 7 PM
Headline Prime CNN
In a one-hour special, Glenn Beck will show you the shocking images that help fuel rage against Israel and the West.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/beck.extremistagenda/

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/gb.html

November 14, 2006
• What Should be Done with Iran?; First Muslim Congressman Speaks Out

GLENN BECK, HOST: Coming up, I fear the recommendations of the Iraqi Study Group are going to make our enemies squeal with glee.
And I have an interview tonight with the first Muslim-American to ever be elected to Congress. Don`t miss it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ANNOUNCER: Tonight`s episode is brought to you by the Iraq Study Group. Ten people, one mission, no (expletive deleted) clue.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BECK: I don`t know about you, but I felt terrific news coming out of the Middle East all day today. In Iraq, terrorists disguised as police killed 20 people and kidnapped 150 others, Sunni and Shia, from a government research institute in Baghdad.

Over in Iran, President Tom, our good friend, announced that his country`s nuclear program will be complete and ready to go by the end of March. And if you don`t believe him, today the International Atomic Energy Agency has found unexplained traces of plutonium and enriched uranium in Iran. This, by the way, is the U.N. group, not our group, that has discovered and announced that. Perfect, huh?

Maybe this is why former Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said that Iran was just like Germany in 1938. Hmm. Where have you heard that one before?

In spite of all of the truly disturbing news, Tony Blair and our soon to be defense secretary, Robert Gates, think that it`s a good idea to work together with Iran, one of the founding members of the axis of evil. Go on. Let`s chat. Let`s discuss our future and the future of the Middle East. I`m not joking. That`s what they want.

Here is the point tonight. Even though the war in Iraq, I believe, has been poorly planned out, I have supported it every step of the way, believed it was the right thing to do. However, if we follow the strategies suggested by Tony Blair and Robert Gates and the Iraq Study Group of banding together and making friends with -- with Iran, the situation will be 100 times deadlier than if Saddam Hussein were still in power and had a massive stash of chemical weapons.

Here`s how I got there...


Excerpt:

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

BECK: All right. Here we are on the eve of the special "Exposed: The Extremist Agenda," and we`re getting lots of e-mails, like this one from Drew in Columbus, Ohio. "Glenn, I have hit a point of frustration. I really you`re your show. I truly believe what you`re saying about the threats that are coming our way. Tomorrow night, I`m going to watch your special, but then what? Having me in front of the TV does nothing to stop these people. What can I do?"

You know, Drew, this is probably the question I get more than any other question. "What can I do?" Let me level with you: I`m a rodeo clown, but I`m an honest rodeo clown. When I come to you every night and tell you that these people are -- what they`re saying, when they`re not under the microscope of the American media, I do it because I believe you need to know.

Sure, occasionally, someone like Hugo Chavez is dumb enough to blurt something out in the wrong venue and it reaches your radar screen, but for the most part, you never see what you`re going to see tomorrow. You never see this video that was aired on mainstream television in some cases and happily cleared for air by the state-controlled media in the Middle East.

Why don`t you see it? Well, I believe it`s one part fear; it`s one part political correctness, mixed with a complete mess of ideology, and, I believe, a misguided belief in your apathy. That`s where I believe you can do something about it, just like your job.

This industry, the news industry, it is driven by giant corporations. And like it or not, these people watch the ratings. And enough of you watch this special tomorrow, they will notice. They`re going to look at it and somewhere in a conference room they`re going to go, "Hey, Bill, look at that. People actually watch this stuff. Maybe we should start looking into that."

The floodgates will open. That is a legitimate first step in changing the focus in this country from insignificant nonsense, like partisan politics, to seeing this threat for what it really is: a legitimate struggle for our survival.

I have been in radio now, coming up this spring, for 30 years. I have been in TV for just over 30 minutes. Yet here I am, standing in front of you with every chip I have sitting on the table tomorrow night. I ask you to watch this special tomorrow night. Please, tell everyone you know to do the same.

If this special doesn`t bring eyeballs to the TV, it is going to get much more difficult to do the work necessary to bring you that truth that many people do not want you to hear or are afraid to say. People will say it`s not worth the time, not worth the resources or the money, it`s too dangerous.

I believe, with every fiber in my being, that it is worth it. Please. I ask you not to prove me wrong. Tomorrow night, do not miss the special.

END



http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/14/gb.01.html

Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming

Editorials in Iranian newspapers claim '50 percent of Israel already destroyed,' say 'Israel must collapse'

Yaakov Lappin Published: 11.15.06, 16:13

Iranian newspapers Kehyan and and Resalat have urged Muslims around the world to prepare for a 'great war' to destroy the State of Israel.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0%2C7340%2CL-3328416%2C00.html

IAEA Finds Traces of Plutonium in Iran
By GEORGE JAHN

VIENNA, Austria Nov 14, 2006 (AP)— New traces of plutonium and enriched uranium potential material for atomic warheads have been found in a nuclear waste facility in Iran, a revelation that came Tuesday as the Iranian president boasted his country's nuclear fuel program will soon be completed.

The International Atomic Energy Agency report detailing the discovery also faulted Tehran for not cooperating with the U.N. watchdog's attempts to investigate other suspicious aspects of Iran's nuclear program.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in a two-hour news conference in Tehran, asserted the world has no choice but to "live with a nuclear Iran," although he conceded his country was "still in the first stages" of its uranium enrichment program.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2653164

No comments: